Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice Policy
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to OverDrive's Designated Agent.
8555 Sweet Valley Drive, Suite N
Cleveland, Ohio 44125
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3), a notification of claimed infringement related to any of OverDrive services must be a written communication addressed to the designated agent as set forth above, and must include substantially all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Specific identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a list of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Information related to the work(s) reasonably sufficient for OverDrive to promptly locate the work (e.g. title of work, location within OverDrive, etc.);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit OverDrive to directly contact the complaining party, such as a complete name and address, telephone number, and an email address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement requesting that OverDrive take a specific act with respect to the alleged infringement (e.g., removal, access restricted or disabled); and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.